Monday, November 24, 2008
Gratitude (day 24): Family Night
I'm grateful for Family Night. I get the feeling based on comments I hear in church that it's challenging for a lot of people, but we've kept it very simple and so for the most part it is actually a joy. We welcome everybody, sing a song, say a prayer and do a short lesson, usually a scripture story with a moral. Often Rebecca wants to repeat the lesson back to us. We usually don't even plan it much earlier than the couple of minutes it is taking for everyone to get settled down. The person whose turn it is quickly grabs the blue file of church art work and picks a story. Maybe someone would think we're not fancy enough, but it works for us. It is a place where I get to feel the Spirit and teach my children what I believe in. And my children enjoy it, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment