Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gratitude (day 13): books

I'm grateful for books but especially for children's literature. I love the simple, sweet stories that often convey such a profound message. They make me laugh, smile, cry or just feel good inside. Reading books to my children is a joy and makes the day end right no matter what happened. I also have a love of buying children's books, but usually buy them used. It saves a lot of money and you get a lot more for your money. Library book stores are a good place because they discard their old books and they're often classics. In conjunction with being grateful for books I'm grateful for my little children's lit book club members who bring books to share with me and uplift my soul. I'm grateful for goodreads because it got me reading again this year and is a fun place to learn about good books. If you want to connect with me on goodreads let me know. I also love the art in children's literature. My dream is to write my own children's book someday. I will soon...ideas have been floating around.
I could go on for ever about children's books but my time is limited so I need to stop. But for any of the women in my life reading this who need a lift try reading "Seven Brave Women" by Betsy Hearne.
Oh, and by the way, thanks mom for teaching me to read and always taking us to the library and providing a home library, too. I LOVE BOOKS!

No comments: