Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gratitude (day 16): the kindness of friends

I'm grateful for friends. Yesterday we were invited to dinner by some friends of ours. We enjoyed our evening very much, the food, the company, the good conversation. When we arrived home we found a still warm, freshly baked loaf of bread in a bag hanging on our front door. I said: "either somebody likes us or wants to poison us!" Luckily there was a phone message for us indicating who had dropped off the bread. Some friends had just wanted to say thank you for being their friend. What a yummy treat.
I have a good group of friends here on whom I can rely and who have seen me through the ups and downs of motherhood and life. I also have dear friends all over the country and the world who enrich my life and bless me through their goodness and example.
Thank you friends for being my friends.

No comments: