My friend Becca is an amazing woman. Talented, thoughtful, creative, artistic, intelligent, a profound thinker, interesting and inspiring. I was reading her post about new year's resolutions and one of the ones that stood out to me was about wanting to "act on generous impulses more." See what I mean? Even just writing it with those words is inspiring to me. I've been thinking about this and would like to adopt giving sincere compliments as a way of life. This past weekend I was up in Utah at a family funeral and surrounded by family and complete strangers. I received a number of compliments about a variety of things. Some completely surprised me and all of them lifted my spirits. I've often wanted to give strangers compliments but wonder what they will think. But then I realized-when I receive compliments from a stranger I have appreciated them.
Thanks, Becca, for the reminder and also for posting this video. It was a lot of fun to watch.
2 comments:
Wow, you sure lifted my spirits with that whole slew of compliments. And from someone I so admire too!
I have to say that of all my "resolutions" this one has been the most pleasurable to put into practice. It feels good to share appreciation and to think you might make some small difference for someone, even for a moment.
And what? You were in Utah? I forgive you for not letting us know only because it was a funeral. :)
I love how people can change your perspective through how they communicate a thought you already feel deep inside. Thanks for sharing this inspiration. I love it!
Post a Comment