3 Nephi 14:24-27
I have a note under these scriptures that says "replace house with 'child' " from some talk I heard sometime, somewhere... But it's oh so relevant.
"Therefore, whoso heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his [child] upon a rock-
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that [child]; and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his [child] upon the sand-
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that [child]; and it fell, and great was the fall of it."
The rock of course is the Savior, but you could extend the metaphor to include other important things your child should be built upon. And our sweet children do get blown around by the winds of the world and beat upon by the storms and we might worry about them. But they can be safe if we build them upon the "rock."
I also love how it speaks about how Jesus takes the little children "one by one" and blesses them and prays for them. It shows how he feels about us as individuals and also gives us an example to spend time with our children one on one and to make sure they know we love them and pray for them.
1 comment:
I'm going to go add that to my scriptures.
word verification...melie (almost...;-)
Post a Comment