Friday, January 23, 2009

Angel Lucy

Just a week ago a friend of Warren's and mine found us on facebook. Warren went to law school with Vic and he also joined us on the semester abroad program to London that we participated in. The last time we saw Vic was at his engagement/farewell party before he moved to Utah. Vic is an great guy, kind, friendly, generous, thoughtful and caring. We only met his wife Molly at their party, but she has to be a wonderful person, too, since Vic chose her as his eternal companion.

The reunion via email with Vic was bittersweet. He shared with us the tragedy that occured in their life. Less than a year ago their almost 2 year old daughter, Lucy, choked on a piece of apple the size of the pea and subsequently passed away a few days later. With permission I share their story and a link to their blog.

The day I read Vic's email I cried. When Warren came home we read various parts of their blog and cried together. We watched the video tribute for Lucy while listening to her mommy sing lullabies to her. We held each other and spoke with gratitude of our own sweet children.

I want to shout out to the world about the Plan of Salvation. This life is just a chapter. Life goes on. We will be together as families for ever. Vic and Molly know this. My dear friends Charity and Brian, Rozanne, David and Lindy know this. I'm sure many more of you know this. It doesn't take away the hurt though. It doesn't even take away the whys and the trying to make sense of it all. But it does give us hope and brings us a step closer to heaven.

Life is precious. I'm not always the mother I want to be, but I'm working hard at it. I try even harder when I'm reminded at the grief some of my friends have had to deal with. It doesn't make me a perfect parent, but learning from their experiences has given me that extra measure of strength to be more patient, kinder and enjoy the moments more.

I hope that as you read Vic and Molly's story you will learn from their testimonies, share in their grief and resolve once more to appreciate life and each glorious moment we have here on earth together a little more.

1 comment:

QueenScarlett said...

I admire folks like them... I am in awe. I ache for them.

This is one of my worst nightmares. Despite knowledge of the Atonement...the Plan... this will always be something I won't know how to handle.

They say the Lord only gives us what we can handle... and I honestly don't think this is something I could ever handle.

I think the Lord knows... I'm the weaker end of the spectrum.