Saturday, January 10, 2009

Airports

Another day at LAX. Airports have been a major part of my life as long as I can remember. I would never really want to live more than an hour or so away from a major airport since we are an international family and it's just the way we get around. Today I took my family back to the airport after a month long visit. They are returning to the Ukraine, via Frankfurt, Germany.
C & E already left a week ago. Fred and my mom and dad today. I can't stand the tension of that last day of packing (when the people you love are leaving you-and you don't know when you'll see them next). As a side note, one time Warren and I left a whole entire suitcase at my parent's house in Germany when we had to leave for the US early in the morning. There wasn't time to go back and get it. What a silly thing to do.
Being at the airport has mixed feelings for me. It is always an emotionally intense experience. It's as if you can reach out and touch the all the emotions hanging in the air, the happy and the sad. The arrival level is so happy. Hugs and tears and flowers and rejoicing. The departure level so stressful. Passports? Tickets? Wallet? Suitcases? Carry on? Enough time? Good-bye, good-bye, till we meet again.
Today I didn't want to see you LAX, but next time you'll probably be my friend.

No comments: