Monday, March 2, 2009

Those flashing lights...

I dropped my mom off at LAX today. She has her "secret way" of wanting to be dropped off at the arrival terminal instead of the of the departure terminal, because that way you get a free cart from someone who has just been picked up and left their luggage cart behind. She told me to pull up behind a bus that was stopped. It was a red zone. I was trying to figure out where the place was to actually pull into the terminal. If you've ever picked up or dropped off someone at LAX you know how crazy it is there. She saw a cart and I said, "Just get out and I'll figure out where to go." She got out and wanted to unload her stuff. I said: "But mom, it's a red zone!" She said: "Just pop the trunk." As an obedient daughter of course I popped the trunk. She took out her stuff, waved goodbye and we were off. Then I saw those flashing lights. I was being pulled over. My first time ever. Oh no. The officer told me he had pulled me over for stopping in a red zone. MOM!!!!!!! If I get a ticket.... He took my license, came back, looked around my car and inside, told me Joseph's crossbar needed to be higher, then told me to drive safely and I was off. Since he didn't hand me anything I presume it was just a warning, although he never specifically said that. It was already an emotional enough experience, dropping my mom off after a month of post funeral activities etc. My grandma was in the car, this is her first day alone without one of her kids since my grandpa fell and passed away... I've had visitors for basically three months straight...I'm totally worn out. All I needed was to be pulled over for obeying my mother! But I think I'm off the hook and maybe next time I'll just be a little more rebellious.

No comments: