At the beginning of the year a whole bunch of friends tagged me to do the 25 random facts list. So, drumroll please, here it is:
1. I'm addicted to buying children's books but luckily also have a great time checking books out of the library. Most of my at home children's library (which numbers several book cases full comes from second hand book stores-particularly the one at the Santa Monica Library).
2. My favorite travel memories are Kauai, Italy and Prague.
3. I love the beach with a passion-I also love sunshine. I'm not a sunbather though.
4. I've always wished I could REALLY sing, but I've never done anything about it.
5. My religion is very important to me. I share it with others because it brings me joy.
6. Teaching is one of my favorite things to do-all kinds of teaching.
7. Chocolate chip cookies or ice cream are my favorite desserts. I drink almost exclusively water or milk (and a little bit of real juice here and there.)
8. I'm never afraid to dress up for Halloween.
9. I currently feel an absence of music in my life...I need some new ideas.
10. Communication is very important to me.
11. I've lived in Germany, England, California and Utah. I've done exchanges/study weeks in Belguim, French speaking Switzerland and Holland. I've traveled all over Europe but I've never been to South or Central America.
12. I wish I could go on more dates with my husband but it's hard for me to leave my kids.
13. I care deeply about people.
14. I'm usually reading several books at once but it takes me a long time to feel like I'm getting anywhere. I love reading and want to make it a bigger priority in my life.
15. I'm incredibly grateful and happy to be a stay at home mom.
16. I watercolor (well, I used to and I plan to do it again, someday...)
17. I love to dance (also don't get around to doing it...)
18. This was the first winter in years I didn't get sick!!!!
19. I have a hard time making decisions-especially ones that involve money.
20. I played tennis for a year in American high school (then we moved to Germany) and just had a tennis lesson this week-my first in a long time-and it felt SO good. I got to meet Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi last summer and my daughter got to play with Steffi!
21. I don't like being cold. I love hot water, hot tubs, warm hands and warm feet.
22. I broke a piece of my spine in high school in PE class doing a hand stand.
23. It took me years to find the confidence to drive (even though I had a license) and I finally mastered it in LA of all places! I can go anywhere now.
24. I like weeding (so far).
25. I'm constantly striving to improve myself and I like the personal growth I've experienced.
4 comments:
Loved reading this...and I love the sun and being warm...but am not a sunbather... I despise the cold. ;-)
I wish we lived closer to each other.
Good stuff. I am the opposite with the cold thing...I love cold. And ouch about your spine! Did that cause you any lasting trouble?
Thanks for sharing... that was fun to read.
Hi...to answer your question, I found your blog because of your listed interest in children's music. I stayed and subscribed because I enjoyed reading your posts. They're much more personal than mine, and very interesting to read.
I've been to California several times so that's interesting to read about places I've been as well.
Post a Comment