Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude-true friendship and sacrifice

Last night I had a meltdown. It happened because of those straws that broke the camels back. They came in the form of ants and some other bug, (type still unknown) and a few nights in a row where I was getting up every 1-2 hours with a baby. The real weight on the camels back of course are the other things in my life. But somehow those last straws did it. I couldn't sleep.
It was too late to call a friend, but I sent her an email anyway, just to have someone to vent to.

This morning I woke up to an email from her: "I'm fasting for you today."

She wrote a few more things, but those words alone brought tears to my heart. To know someone cared enough to fast for me. For ME!
I'm a nursing mother so fasting isn't on my radar these days. Every time I ate something today I thought to myself, "my friend is fasting for me right now!" It strengthened my faith and made me more hopeful because someone was exercising their own faith in my behalf.

Thank you, dear friend. It was a special experience going throughout the day knowing you were sacrificing for me.

Oh, and I didn't see a single ant today! :)

2 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

What a true friend! You are blessed!!!

Telitaadams said...

Many a time these last few days I've said a prayer of gratitude to Heavenly Father for blessing me with a friend (You!) to e-mail and vent to about baby sleep. I'm glad that you have a friend to pour it all out to when things just collapse, which they inevitably do. I don't think we were meant to do this alone.
~Did the unknown insect happen to be that spider you found when we were talking on the phone?~

I can tell even from this distance that you're doing a great job in all of your many roles.