A blogging friend of mine wrote a good post about seasons of life the other day. Sometimes the season of life we are in is very distinct, like living in part of the country where you have a clear spring, summer, fall and winter. Sometimes seasons of life are a little more blurred, like living in California, where you have seasons, but it can be a little harder to notice the change in seasons.
Right now I'm in the very distinct newborn mommy-hood season among other things.
My season is a season of changing diapers, nursing, fighting headaches and exhaustion, doing loads of laundry and just trying to keep the kids fed and happy. It is a season of faith as we continue to wait with patience for the right job for Warren. It is a season of focusing on the very basic elements of life: food, sleep, clean clothes and some basic clean up (sometimes!). There isn't any room for crafts, going the extra mile, signing up to do things at school or church etc. etc. That will all come again. The only reason I'm even writing this is that it is therapeutic and I need a few minutes of peace and time to ponder, even though I should be sleeping...
I think that despite the challenge of a new baby, I also realize and cherish this season for all of the sweet moments, the cute faces, the coos and little smiles, the soft skin, the complete trust your newborn has in you and the closeness you feel to heaven.
Every season has it's challenges, but every season is beautiful, especially, as Jodi put it on her blog, if you are dressed appropriately for the weather. Right now I'm "dressed" in prayers, faith, caring friends who ask how I'm doing, people who bring a meal or a loaf of bread or a plate of brownies, supportive family members and lots of gratitude for the good things in my life.
I hope you're enjoying the beauty of the season you're in. It won't last forever. Be grateful for it now.
2 comments:
awe.. Seasons... That is something I used to tell myself all the time when my kids were babies w/ colic and hubby was never home. (and lots of good talks w/ friends and lots of crying.)
Now, with a 3rd and 6th grader I'm telling myself the same thing. Except my seasons are going by too fast!
You're doing great.
I needed that post. Thanks!
Post a Comment