I've been doing my postings on JOY in order to focus on the positive things in life during the challenges we're facing right now. There have been many things that have brought me joy that I haven't posted about because they mainly involve my children and I didn't want to be repeating myself too much.
But the urge to just vent for a little bit has been growing and growing and I think I need to let it out so I don't explode.
I'm 37 weeks along now and have been dealing with Thrombocytopenia (low platelet levels in your blood) in my pregnancy. I had it last time with Joseph and it didn't end up being an issue. It righted itself soon after pregnancy. This time it showed up again, however, my platelet levels are extremely low, so they had me see a specialist today. Warren's and my gut reaction is that it's purely pregnancy related, and everything will be fine in the end.
The basic summary is:
-due to low platelet levels I cannot be given an epidural. (I'm okay with this issue)
-in the case of an emergency c-section I would have to be put under general anesthesia and if my platelet levels remain this low I would have to have a platelet transfusion
-therefore, after reviewing todays labs the doctor may prescribe me steroids to boost my platelets
-all sorts of other lab work is being done to make sure it isn't anything else
-the baby is fine, but should have his platelet levels checked more than once during our hospital stay
Okay. That's the basic scoop with the thrombocytopenia.
Next, pregnancy in general. My hands hurt from swelling, I have other aches and pains that make it hard to walk, get up and down, roll over in bed at night etc. I'm tired. I keep having Braxton Hicks contractions, although not as consistently as last Sunday. But basically I feel out of energy to take care of my family and the list of things I was hoping to get done before the baby came.
Warren has been sick again (the last time was two weeks ago). For someone that never gets sick I'm sure this is due to stress as well.
There is a leak outside my front house that is killing my roses. There are so many things that need to be done that just aren't happening.
Our van windshield is broken and needs to be replaced. We don't even know when or how it happened.
The job search continues. Everywhere you turn people tell us what a bad time this is to be looking for a job. So it requires that much more positive energy on our part to be optimistic and hopeful.
On the brighter side, I'm actually incredibly excited and grateful to have another baby. I know that it's rough to have a new born, but the thought of being done with all of these pregnancy symptoms is pure joy.
At least I have a loving husband, happy children, the sun is shining and the earthquake was only a 4.4 here in LA. What more could you want?! :) Maybe just some chocolate chip cookies would be nice. Oh, and a nap with no noise in the background.
Thanks for your continued prayers and words of encouragement. It's what keeps me going. Life is still good.
2 comments:
Hugs hugs and more hugs. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, sweetie.
Dorothea, I'm sorry things are so down right now. Even though you were complaining, by the end of your post you were focusing on the postivie again. You're amazing!
FYI... I have low platelet levels often, outside of pregnancy. I've been on steroids and had platelet infusions, etc. It's not very fun. If you need some support, call me, we'll chat.
Love ya!
Post a Comment