Monday, March 1, 2010

The Joy of HER little joys



(Rebecca folding clothes 2007)

I've been having a lot of the so-called Braxton Hicks contractions. I always get them and they get more and more frequent towards the end of pregnancy, but the last few days some of them were starting to get painful instead of just tight, so this morning I started to worry a little bit. Some basic things needed to get done before welcoming this baby into the world. One of them was getting his clothes ready.

So I got out Joseph's old baby clothes and did a load of laundry. It was fun looking at how small everything looks and remembering Joseph in those clothes. Hard to believe he was ever that small.

Later that day Rebecca asked if she could fold the baby clothes. Her ooos and ahhhs and giggles over how small and cute everything was were just delightful. She commented how she wished the baby could come right now. It made me so happy to see her so happy.

What a joy.



Rebecca and baby Joseph 2007

No comments: