Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stress+pain+a scare=chocolate chip cookies

I'm a wreck. I've just had a most stressful two weeks. Family visitors, a grandma with a broken arm, a variety of issues to be dealt with (which is why the family visitors were here in the first place-the stresses were actually more the issues at hand than the visitors themselves), and a new calling for Warren (Young Men's President). And then yesterday I walked backwards into the pole handle of the wheelbarrow in the driveway. It's on the exact opposite side of my knee and hurts like crazy. I don't think I've ever had a bruise quite like this one. I couldn't even bend my leg last night without terrible pain. Note to self: Don't walk backwards without checking out the path first.

I took a nap today and thought I was doing a lot better. I made c-c-cookies for the young men's activity for Warren. I had my grandma over for dinner again. Then we were outside saying goodbye to her. I was clipping some roses, the kids were running around. My grandma was still talking to us. When suddenly Joseph wasn't right next to me. I looked around to realize he was practically in back of the neighbor's car and the neighbor was backing up. He wasn't literally behind the van, but one or two more steps and he would have been. I screamed and ran. I got there in time and luckily Joseph didn't move. I apologized to the neighbor. I promised I would do a better job watching. I went inside and cried and cried. This was definitely a wake up call. It was one of those times where he had been right next to me a few seconds before.

I think I need a vacation. But I guess some chocolate chip cookies will have to do.

3 comments:

Marilyn Lewis said...

You definitely needed chocolate chip cookies. I hope you ate at least 6!

QueenScarlett said...

OH MY GOSH! That gives me chills.

Come VACATION HERE!!! I will cook for you! ;-)

Devon said...

Oh honey, how scary. I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time lately!! I do hope the cookies helped.