Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fresh Courage Take

We just passed the "one year anniversary" of looking for a full time job. My friend, hearing this said, "trials aren't supposed to have anniversaries!" But there you go. It really could have been worse. We still have work, we're still hanging in there, we just don't know what the future holds and how long it will take to get there.

Overall I'm doing fine. But sometimes there are mornings when I feel like I have to go looking for my courage.

In case anyone out there could use an extra dose of courage today, I'll share with you some of the things that gave me a boost today:


Joshua 1:9

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.

2 Timothy 1:7

God hath not given us the Spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Alma 53:20

And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage.. but behold, this was not all-they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.

D&C 101:16

..let your hearts be comforted...; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.


Come, Come Ye Saints (verse 2)

Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
’Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we’ll have this tale to tell—
All is well! All is well!

And one of my very favorites:

How Firm a Foundation

I'm so blessed to have people in my life who constantly remind me to have faith and courage... a husband who, despite being sick and under a lot of stress and pressure is happy and cheerful and a mother who reminded me of this amazing talk: Lessons from Liberty Jail by Jeffrey R. Holland. It is absolutely incredible and if you haven't read it you really need to take the time to read through it.

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am. All is well.

6 comments:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

just what i needed to hear right now!

Devon said...

I know all about trial anniversaries...you're right. We shouldn't have them.

I absolutely. love. the Lessons from Liberty Jail talk. Pure heavenly truth.

This post makes me think of that new (I think it's Chrysler??) commercial, where they talk about Detroit and coming back. A line of it really stuck out to me: something like, "The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fire."

Kjelstrom Family said...

I love this line of your post, "there are mornings when I feel like I have to go looking for my courage." Well said. Well said.

I won't say Happy Anniversary, but I will say I am praying for you guys that you won't hit any other anniversaries of this kind!

Telitaadams said...

Thank you so much for this!
I love Helaman 5:12. It doesn't say "if" the mighty storm comes, it says "when" the mighty storm comes. Remembering that helps me find the courage to face trials, especially if I'm trying to stay close to the Savior ...

miju miju said...

Vielen Dank für Deine Schriftstellenverweise und Zitate, sie stärken mich sehr und haben mir gezeigt, dass ich mehr Glaube und Hoffnung haben muß.
Ganz liebe Grüße Kerstina

miju miju said...

Wow, ich habe gerade die Ansprache von Elder Holland gelesen. Meine Güte was für eine Aussage. Sag Deiner Mutter "tausend Dank von Kerstina" dafür.
LG K.