I reread my phrases for last year and feel like I actually did pretty well with my "themes" for 2009.
Cherish each precious moment.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Be grateful.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Be grateful.
I have enjoyed my motherhood moments more, I have tried to be patient with all the things that need to be done to my house and my life, and I have tried hard to be grateful for what I have. I'm not perfect at any of these, but they have become more of a habit than they were before and I can say that I feel somewhat successful.
So, in hopes that 2010 will be met with similar success, in addition to continuing with last years themes, for this year I want to add these words:
SIMPLIFY
and
SPIRITUALITY
and
SPIRITUALITY
Simplify: declutter, dejunk, refine, bless the lives of others, keep my kids and my own schedule simple, do the things that matter most....
Spirituality: this is something that has been on my new year's resolution list in one form or another my entire life. But that is okay, since perfection isn't attainable in this category...it is just a category in which we keep growing and growing until the end. I don't have any grand ambitions in numbers or pages like reading the whole Old Testament or doing x number of temple sessions. But I do want to consistently do the small and simple things and improve my communication with Heavenly Father, my ability to have charity for those in my sphere of influence, and gain new insights through my scripture reading by applying myself consistently.
What's on your mind for 2010?
1 comment:
i LOVE your words! simplify is high on my list right now as i move from one room in the house i am living in to another. the cute couple i live with are having a baby and i want to be in the room as far away as possible! (but seriously, i want them to have the nursery be close to them) ... as i go through all the STUFF i have accumulated in the last 2.5 years i am trying to declutter. i am also trying to simplify my wants while i am at it. hmmm ... you have sparked a blog post of my own, i do believe!
my personal word for the year is: consistent. not to try and change everything at once, but to be consistent in the changes i do make.
Post a Comment