Travelin'Oma Assignment:
~Write a paragraph about a job you would do for free. Prompt: "If money were no object, I'd like to be a ______, and work in_______."
I'm going to tweak this question a little bit and mention two jobs I've always thought would be fun to try.
I've always wanted to be a gift wrapper. You know, one of those people who get to choose from a host of beautiful papers and ribbons to wrap your present at a store after you've purchased it. Ever since I can remember I've loved wrapping presents. Money has kept me from not splurging too much on paper and real ribbon, but I still try to come up with creative ways to wrap. As a little girl (even at age 9 and 10) I would try to come up with interesting wrapping ideas for my friend's birthdays. Such as wrapping it 10 times if they were turning ten and putting a penny on each layer. Or one time I remember buying a bunch of small gifts and stringing them together like a mobile. I've always loved paper, so it would be a dream come true to work in a fancy place with lots of paper and ribbon choices. Silly, I know, but fun!
The other job I've always wanted is to be a children's librarian. I love children's books with a passion and would love to have the time to spend getting to know more of what's out there and to be able to give suggestions to people on good books for their children. I also think it would be fun to do the little song/story times that children's librarians get to do for the kids. When we lived in Santa Monica there was a time I would visit the used bookstore weekly and come out with a huge stack of books for $10. This is when I discovered a lot of my favorites. I'll have to do a separate post about children's books someday. Like I said, I love children's books. A variation on that job would be to work at a bookstore in the children's section.
Other jobs I would like to mention that I would have done if I had more lives to live would be a surgeon, a midwife/doula, a musical theater performer, a academic counselor, and a motivational speaker.
1 comment:
awesome! i look forward to the children's book list ... i am a big fan, too - i will always love the "olivia" books ...
also, i think you could be everything on your list ... except maybe a surgeon. that one might be a little too time consuming to be the bestest mommy possible.
Post a Comment