Monday, September 15, 2008

Metrolink crash and related thoughts

On Friday there was a terrible accident. A metrolink crashed into a freight train, not too far from here, in Chatsworth. So far 25 people have died, 40 are in critical condition and many others are injured. A man who formally worked at Warren's office was in critical condition but looks like he will pull through. I was just reading about the crash in the newspaper. They had individual stories on some of the people who passed away. I had to stop reading because it was making me cry. Once you read names, and even just a few snippets about someone's life, they become real.
I just found out that on the other side of the world a girl who was one of my best friends in high school just lost a baby shortly after he was born. I'm sharing these thoughts not to be depressing, but for all of us to remember our blessings. To remember how precious we all are. To be kind to each other and to reach out to each other each day. My heart is feeling very tender as these incidents cause me to contemplate death yet again. Ten years ago this month my grandfather passed away. I was very close to him and I still miss him and think about him frequently. I feel so grateful to know that death is not the end, but yet another step in our eternal progression.

No comments: