(The kids lasted about an hour like this, but something is better than nothing, right?)
We just finished another weekend of General Conference. Oh, how I love General Conference.
I'm filled with resolve to be better, kinder, more patient and closer to my Heavenly Father. I tried something new during conference that I hope will help me focus on the talks that spoke to my soul. I wrote down the categories in my life that I want to focus on (eg motherhood, my YW calling etc.) and anytime I heard something that pertained to that category I wrote the speaker's name down on the paper under that category. Then when the Ensign comes out I plan on going back through those talks and pulling out the information and using it in my life.
I'm also working on a document that will help me actually put into practice the many wonderful suggestions I heard at conference. I don't want it to simply be a wonderful weekend and that was the end of it. I want to rise, to be better, to use the things I heard and felt.
I am a true believer that the Spirit can speak to our hearts during conference when we listen with an open mind and heart and approach conference with sincere questions. I've experienced it in the past, I experienced it again this weekend. I love having a husband who shares these feelings with me. We felt inspired individually and as a couple.
I'm so grateful to have parents who instilled a great love of conference in me. Thank you for nurturing my testimony along the way.
Life is full of faith and hope. I'm better because of listening to General Conference. I hope you are, too.
2 comments:
What a great idea of categorizing the talks according to areas of your life. Thank goodness they print out the talks -- it'd be impossible to take it all in in one sitting, esp. with wonderful kiddo distractions. Your children are looking so astute and studious!
Are you serious in that picture? Did your kids really sit like that for 8 hours taking notes and coloring quietly? I am so impressed.
Post a Comment