It brought me joy to discover a package outside our door Friday afternoon. It was a Valentines Day package with some Valentines for the kids, some candy and some homemade cookies from none other than Lena Dean! She is a 94 year old lady from our last ward who is just a delight to be around. I called her on Saturday to thank her and she said she just thought it would be nice to do something for the kids. Lena is an amazing person. When you go to her home to visit her you go away with a huge plate of cookies and toys for your kids. She is always happy and has a positive attitude. Lena married late in life and so she never had the opportunity to have kids of her own, but she is Aunt and adopted Grandma extraordinaire. She likes to wear a little body glitter because, as she told me, she likes to sparkle.

Would that we all sparkled like Lena. The world would be a better place.
This is the only picture I could find of Lena. She is the one on the very left.
1 comment:
I LOVE LENA DEAN! Her wit is always a favorite of mine. My dad was her home teacher for many moons and I used to go with him occasionally. Logan went with Grandpa a few times, too, and loved it! She's awesome.
Post a Comment