Saturday, April 11, 2009

Time warp

I was at Target in the movie section and the young saleswoman asked me if I was finding everything alright. I said: "Actually, I was wondering if you had Ben Hur?"

After seeing the look of bewilderment on her face I said, "You know, Ben Hur..., it's an old movie."

Target girl: "Oh, you mean like from the 80s and 90s?"

Me: "No, I mean REALLY old, like from the 50s!" (It was 1959 to be precise.)

Target girl (with an even greater bewildered look that anyone would watch anything from the 50s...did they even have movies back then?): "Oh, you'll find those kinds of movies in the corner on the back wall."

Sure enough, I went to the backwall to look for those REALLY old movies. I found them. "A River Runs Through It" (1992-yeah, that's really old), "Sense and Sensibility" (1995-another old movie...), and on and on....

If those are old movies, then I'm REALLY old and my parents must be ancient.

2 comments:

Devon said...

LOL, sad. So so sad. I have to admit, it makes me feel my age, you know? Oh well.

QueenScarlett said...

no no no no no... I protest our oldness. ;-) I still feel like a kid. When did we get old?